Herta Müller is considered one of the most important contemporary German-language writers. The Museum Langmatt is showing the first exhibition of her collages in Switzerland.
The Museum Langmatt is showing the first exhibition in Switzerland of collages by Herta Müller (*1953 in Nitchidorf / Romania, has lived in Berlin since 1987). The winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature has been working for over 30 years on her collages, which she cuts out word for word from newspapers and magazines and glues together to form poems with a high visual presence. The small-format works will be on view closely strung together as a long line in the Langmatt gallery. Sheet by sheet, one follows the lucid poetry and its capacity to touch the unspeakable.
A publication featuring Herta Müller's collages will be published by Hanser Verlag Munich to accompany the exhibition.
every Tues to Fri 14:00 - 17:00 h
every Sat, Sun 11:00 - 17:00 h
- Also recommended for groups / companys
- Also recommended for school classes (special offers)
Access for disabled people
- Entrance only with assistance available
- Toilet laterally Approachable
- Free for members
- Adolescents (13 to 16 years) free
- Reduction for pupils with ID
- Reduction for learners and students up to the age of 25
- Reduction for seniors with ID AVS
- Reduced-fare with disability card
- Reduced-fare with tourism organization card
- Raiffeisen customers: Free admission
- Swiss Museum Pass: free admission